David E Hawkins: ICW Chief Operating Officer & Knowledge architect
David has an extensive career in projects and procurement within the construction and manufacturing industries. For over 40 years he has been associated with the development and implementation of major projects in many parts of the world, which has provided an insight into the many organisational and cultural challenges that projects and global operations can generate. He has been an active promoter of collaborative concepts and the development of extended enterprises through the building of alliances. He is the architect of the CRAFT programme, the technical author of the British Standards Institutions’ PAS 11000 collaborative business relationship standard, world first published in 2006 and chairman of the BSI committee that developed BS 11000, published in October 2010. He is currently Chairman of the International standards committee that that published ISO 44001 in 2017. In 2009 he was recognised as one of the top 100 thought leaders on CSR and he has several publications to his credit:
- Sun Tzu and the Project Battleground: Creating Project Strategy using the Art of War published by Palgrave Macmillan 2004
- The Bending Moment: Energising corporate strategy published by Palgrave Macmillan 2005.
- Corporate Social Responsibility; Balancing Tomorrow’s sustainability with Today’s profitability published 2006 published by Palgrave Macmillan.
- Raising the standard for collaboration; Published by British Standards 2013
- Raising the stand for international collaboration Published by Melrose in 2017